Thursday, April 14, 2011

Officially Overdue

Trying to make the best of my last few days alone with my boys. Dave has been so good to me. He knows I have been having a hard time with the end of this pregnancy and he is doing everything he can to make it easier on me. I appreciate him for that. I have a such an amazing husband. Not only did he do something totally unexpected and surprised me with a charm necklace from Tiffany & Co. with our Baby girl and Tyler's initials on it, but he has been helping out every morning with Ty, taking me to dinner, renting me movies, and bonding with our son. He really has been bonding with Tyler and I just love watching the two of them. Dave even took Tyler with him to work the other day, when I was having severe back problems.

Funny story...Dave was reading Tyler a "The Easter Story" a book Ty has. They got to the part after Jesus died, rose from the dead and they were looking at the empty tomb.
Tyler says to Dave, "Where Jesus go?"
Dave says, "I don't know. where do you think he went?"
Tyler says, "He's at work!"
Just love there innocence and creativity. He is becoming a very expressive little boy.

Last night we came home from a movie and the babysitter showed us a video of him singing Jingle bells. Check it out here. I haven't been able to catch it on video myself yet, so I was glad she could. He has a impressive memory. He will listen to a book 3-4 times and be able to recite it back to us page by page. He will listen to a song a few times and start singing along...the words get a little mixed, but I am just amazed at how he can do that.

View from Dave's new listing..Glendale and downtown L.A

The necklace Dave surprised me with


Me and my friend Alex who is due with her baby girl in a few weeks.

Tyler fell asleep with his baby doll on top of him.

3 comments:

Tira J said...

Wow Shelby! I will certainly be praying for you these next few days! Please keep me posted. Can't wait to meet your little girl.

Rebecca said...

praying for you. i had all 3 of my girls in week 41...not comfortable, but they came on their own :). sounds like you're enjoying your last days as a family of 3. :)

The Speck Family said...

Thanks for posting a pic of the necklace--nice work, Dave.

If you're up for movie suggestions, Tony and I watched The Next 3 Days with Russell Crowe (out on dvd) and I think you and Dave would really like it.

We can't wait to hear our lil' niece has arrived!

PS. don't forget to shower @ night, just in case :)