Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Angela Anne Knight

It's a girl!! We are happy to announce the birth of our baby girl, Angela Anne Knight!
Born: April 18, 2011 @ 12:51am
Weight: 7 lbs. 15 oz.
Height: 19 inches
Hospital: San Gabriel Valley Medical Center

We have felt for a long time that this is the name our little girl should have. It means "Messenger of God". We hope that this is what she will be. After much prayer and consideration we feel like God gave us this name for our little girl. It may not be the most popular or the creative, but we love it. When I was praying for our baby girl one day, someone said to me that she is going to be an angel. I thought that was so special.
There was an Angela in my life who really was a messenger of God to me. There are people that have been influential in my life, but if it weren't for her I do not know where I would be today. She showed how loving God really is and she help me experience Him in new ways when I really need it. Her middle name, Anne, has multiple significances. For one, my middle name is Joyce Ann and it is a family name, Ann named after Grandma Olson's middle name. Also, Anne is a Knight family name as well. It is a variation of Grandma Smith, Anna Fern. Dave's sister's middle name is Anne. Anne is Tyler's Godmothers name, who is also a very important person in our lives.
We want to thank everyone that was there for us during this birth experience and for taking good care of Tyler while we were away. We are so grateful to such a great community of people and to family!



Right before we left the hospital to go home at 9pm

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...she is precious and that is a beautiful and meaningful name.

The Speck Family said...

We're so glad she's here! Thanks for posting picture--only wish we could see her in person!

Tira J said...

Congratulations Shelby, Dave and big brother Tyler! I am so happy for you guys and she is just so beautiful! Can't wait to meet her.

Renee C said...

WOOO hooooo!!! We are blessed to be a part of the beginning of Angela's life. I enjoyed reading your blog- especially the part about the meaning of her name :).