Wednesday, October 8, 2008

34 Weeks..6 Weeks and counting!

Delivery day is coming fast!! We have a new suggestion for a name from Stephanie Wright...shave. It is a combination of Shelby and Dave. I have to say it is the most creative one yet. Others include...Otis and Clem. Just to let you know we are not really considering these:) We have a few in mind, but we are still praying about it.

After reading in his book, The Expectant Father, it dawned on Dave that we have about 6 weeks left. The reality of having a baby has set in and 9 months is almost here. This week it hit him. He is excited about being a dad.

We graduated from our childbirth classes this week. I guess that means we know all there is to know about being a mommy and daddy. Just kidding...I know we still have a lot to learn. It was a good start though. Also, my friend Elizabeth and I went to a vaccination safety workshop with Dr. Lauren Feder on Sunday. I learned a lot about vaccinations, homeopathic medicine, natural remedies, and pediatrics. We hope to make some good decisions based on what we've been learning. Also, we found out our friends Chris and Elizabeth are having a boy too!

This first picture shows some of the progress in the baby's future room. I had fun sorting through pictures of Dave and I when we were growing up, to make this collage on the wall. With the help of my best friend Becca, we configured them on the wall. Great Grandma and Grandpa Jackson got us the glider and ottoman in the corner. I did not intend on going all out with blue, it just happened. Blue happens to be one of my favorite colors and they make lots of things in blue, especially in the clearance section:)


The picture below is the most recent picture of the baby's current room.  He's taking up more and more space in there!

4 comments:

Carpenters said...

I'm SO excited for the baby to arrive!!! It will be so amazing and fun. I can hardly wait...wow, how must you feel?! Your photo of your belly is great. You still look so small. My guess is that he will be 7 or 8 pounds, but not 9 or 10. Love you guys!

Rebecca said...

you look great, shelby! and the baby's room is so cute! i'm so excited for you both. i'd love to hear more about what you learned at the vaccination workshop when you have time to share.

The Clifton Family said...

You are looking beautiful, Shelby. It seems there are many people waiting for your little man :) We'll be praying! :)

Adam & Becca Carpenter said...

Cool baby room! Shelby, my guess is that your little boy will be 11 or 12 pounds. Dave is a hefty guy... so you're going to have a big boy. ; ) JK. I can't believe it's so soon. I'm so excited to see ya'll as a momma and papa. I know you'll be amazing. Becca's really good at the mom thing so she'll let you in on lots of secrets. I make sure Dave treats you right as well. God's best on you and your little boy Knight!