Wednesday, January 19, 2011

28 Weeks

I think it is safe to say our family has recovered from the holidays and two weeks of sickness. After family left for the holidays, Tyler got a fever and cold for about a week and a half. Then, after coughing in mommy's face for that long Mommy got it. I was sick in bed for two days and took another four days to recover. One of the perks of pregnancy is that you can not take many over the counter medications, so I had to resort to natural remedies. I am a fan of those anyways, but a decongestant would have been nice. Instead I con-cocked an array of onion, lemon and honey remedies. Thanks to Dave and some of my good friends who helped with Tyler while I was sick. One day I felt a little better and took Ty to a kids Gym called Gymnastikids. He loved it. We are looking into a little kids gym membership because he just loves the trampoline and needs to expend some energy. (see pics below) It is like a gym I used to work out called The Little Gym. We will be checking that out in the next few weeks for a trial class as well.
Tyler is a little chatterbox. He does not stop talking until he falls asleep at night. It is pretty funny to listen to him. Some of his new developments are...he loves basketball shorts, he doesn't like jeans, he says "where's daddy?" all the time, even if he knows where daddy is, He loves wearing his cleats(soccer shoes) like daddy who wears them to play frisbee in. Anytime we got to watch daddy play frisbee or go to play with Tyler he wants to wear his cleats. He says that things are spicy if he doesn't like them. He walk up to my tummy and say baby sister in mommies tummy. He loved cucumbers and green beans of all things. He drew a "T" and said "I made a 'T" for the first time this week.
This week marks pregnancy week 28. I am starting to feel tired again and I am not sure if it is due to a lingering illness or the third trimester. I am trying to take it easy to say the least. The baby is moving a lot and it keeps me wondering what position the little bundle is in. This week I have been doing some nesting. Tyler and I visited Babies'R"Us and if thinking about a newborn is not overwhelming enough they created a store to make you feel like you are totally unprepared. Needless to say, we left with a few key items and I am sure we will be back for more in the next few months. I was excited about the purchase of a Graco Travel lite Crib/Bassinet. It will hold the baby in our room until she is old enough to move into Tyler's room in the crib. It is convertible, so I can use it by the pool or the living room and it won't take up a lot of space like the regular size play-yard. I know this is exciting stuff:) Next on the list... finish Tyler and the babies room, find a combi double stroller, ask people to help out with Ty when the baby is born, schedule family to come visit to meet her, finish my birth plan/request for the hospital, chose her name, and rest:)

Left over holiday pic that I forgot to include. Here is a pic from when we went to pick out a Christmas tree. As you can see this is as fresh as they come out here in LA:)
He jumped on this tumble track for almost 45 minutes straight without breaking a sweat.
Bubbles:)
Does't this look fun?

No comments: