Monday, November 14, 2011

Ty's 3rd Birthday: Mickey Mouse

Our little boy turned 3 yesterday! This was the first year that he really understood that it was his birthday. I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday and he said, "a jumper". Since it is November and weather is unpredictable, we decided to have his party at an indoor playground called, Magical Playground....formerly known as the Magical Kingdom. Aka: Heaven on earth for a toddler. I think Disney may have made them change their name. Anyways, Tyler wanted to spend time with his friends, so we invited 17 of his little friends from church, class and other places to come and hang out at the Magical Playground. Also, some his favorite adults were there too. I asked what kind of cake he would like and he said Mickey Mouse. There you have it...Mickey Mouse theme!
Being the party planner that I am...I really enjoyed working on various details of the party. I made Ty and Angela Mickey and Minnie Mouse shirts. I made the Mickey Mouse cupcake cake and the Mickey and Minnie party hats. I enjoyed making it a special day for Tyler. He was so excited about his birthday.
It wasn't until today when things slowed down that I thought back to that blessed day, or two days it took to bring him into the world. Our lives were changed forever. I have been brought more joy and laughter the last three years from this little guy. It has not been perfect and we have our moments of tantrums, defiance, and strong willed attitudes, but so much joy! I would not trade him for anything. He is our little boo boo, little cuddle-bug, my now our big boy!

Ty's closest friends:)


This is all he wanted to eat all night...a chocolate cupcake!


He blew out all three by himself!

The roller coaster toy was a big hit!



Ty's new favorite thing...juice boxes.

Heaven for our ball of energy...a jumper!

1 comment:

Carpenters said...

Awesome party!!! Of course, wish we could have been there, but what a special party it must have been. Shelb, great work on the shirts, hats, cake....you're so creative and talented!!!