Monday, March 7, 2011

Baby Shower: Welcome Sweetie!

This weekend some of my good friends (Ally, Kristy and Jenny) had a baby shower for me. I really appreciated it! I haven't been feeling all that great these days and this was a good pick me up. It got me even more excited about meeting our little sweetie. The theme for the shower was sweets. They decorated with all sorts of pink candy. It was complete with a diaper cake, grapefruit candy, marshmallows, m & m's, twirly suckers, dove chocolate, mints, etc. These were the favors. People took bags of candy home...except me... I just forgot. Probably better that way though...I have been eating way more sugar than I should these days. Anyways, it was a cute and creative idea. I was blessed by some much need baby items including a double stroller from Grandma and Grandpa Olson and Grandma and Grandpa Knight. Other things you can see in the pics below.
We played some games and the girls wrote notes of encouragement on lollipops for me to pick whenever I need a sweet note. I think will be using those frequently:) That was such a neat idea.
The church is also throwing us a shower in a few weeks. I am looking forward to that one as well. I didn't expect any of this, with it being the second time around, but it is fun:)


Ally Way (meet through our church conference, she mentors me as a parent), Debbie Wilder(from our mommy and me class at PCC), Jenny Frary (from Birth class with Ty-Jace mom, one of Ty's best buddies), Kristy Orzewalla (meet through Dave playing ultimate frisbee), Me, Nancy Morris (works at Keller Williams with Dave, her and I are sewing buddies), Renae Childs (next door neighbor and friend of Dave's since High school-she married Dave's best friend and now I have a great friend)
not pictured but attended: Joanne and Jamie from my MOPS table

Ally Way did the decorating...she is really talented. She even made the pom poms hanging from the ceiling out of tissue paper.

So excited about my new....Combi Twin Sport double stroller. Features include: it fits our car seat, folds easy, has removable cup holders, it's light weight, and has a carrying strap.


This morning Tyler brought all his "friends" out to the living room and said..I am having a birthday party. I just thought it was too cute. I had to take a picture.

No comments: