Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Saying Goodbye to our dear friends

One thing about Southern California is that it is transitional! People come and go like the weather. It is one thing I will never get used too! I hope I never do, even as hard as it is. Each person has left something with me and in most cases is going to do great things. I have said good bye to a lot of really great friends over the years, actually some of my best friends. They are all for great reasons, marriage, missions, ministry, family, etc. I am very happy for all of them, but it is not easy for me to say good bye. Yesterday, our family had to say good bye to some of our best friends, the Water's family (Chris, Elizabeth, Ethan, and Alethea). We said good bye to a family we have grown very close to over the last 6 or 7 years, from even before our children were born and we lived in Highland Park. We have been through a lot together. When our children were born it brought us even closer. We are Ethan's Godparents and I had the pleasure of being at his birth. They are a part of our One Voice Family also. We have traveled together, gone on adventures together, sipped tea, cried together, watched our kids play and just been there through good and bad times.
This past Sunday we had a commissioning time for them at church and I had the pleasure of leading a prayer time. While I was preparing the following verse came to me and I hope it could be an encouragement to them as they move to Idaho.

Philippians 1:3-11

New International Version (NIV)

Thanksgiving and Prayer

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10 so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, 11 filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.
DeeDee and TyTy....at church Sunday they talked to the kids about saying goodbye. Tyler apparently told Anne(his godmother) that Ethan was going to leave and he thought he was going to cry. Ethan said, "TyTy...I love him!" They are buddies and it is going to be hard on them:(

One last visit to Tahoe for Korean BBQ

Our girls are three weeks apart in age

We are so thankful for the time we have had with you Chris and Elizabeth! You have been a blessing to us and to so many! We love you guys and wish you the best in Idaho!

No comments: