Monday, October 18, 2010

Pumpkin Play

Tyler and I decided to bring in fall with a visit to the pumpkin patch. Ty picked out his own pumpkin after picking up multiple ones. He had to try them all out. We are now in the process of carving them out. Tyler wants nothing to do with the inside of the pumpkin. It is scary to him:) Here are a few pictures:







He is 23 months now, which means he will be two in one month. Tantrums have started, but over all he is a great kid. We are figuring out the best means of discipline for him. It is not an easy task. Everyone has an opinion and theory on the best way to do it. We are working through what we feel is best for us and for Tyler. I just got a new book that is helpful. It is called Toddler 411. It covers numerous topics, from multiple expert perspectives. The other book that I have found to have a lot of tools in it is Positive Discipline in the Christian Home. You don't have to be a Christian to see that the tools she gives you are effective and build long lasting life skills and character (limited choices, kind and firm balance, validating feelings, to name a few)

We had a doctors appointment this morning. We are in week 15 of the pregnancy. I am starting to feel a little thicker in the midsection. No one else thinks I am showing, but I feel like I am. We heard the heartbeat and it was good and steady. We are going to the same doctor that delivered Tyler and will deliver at the same hospital, if we decide not to do something else. I am feeling more energy than I was during the first trimester.

We are interviewing doula's (birth assistants) again. Our doula, Micaela, is pregnant and due not to long after I am, so we thought it would be better to have someone else do it. I hope we can pick one soon. This was such an important part of our first birth experience.

4 comments:

Tira J said...

Can't believe how big he is getting. And you look great Shelby! Congrats on your pregnancy.

Rebecca said...

tyler is so cute...getting so big. glad to hear the pregnancy is going well!

The Speck Family said...

Tyler looks so much older with his hair cut...I love it! Tell Dave not to be sad...I'm sure you'll have many more years of long, surfer hair coming up!

I think we should take a family picture in Nov...have any outfit ideas for everyone? What about just having a "fall" theme, with everyone in earth tones? You should be in charge of coordinating ;)

Carpenters said...

Hi Shelby and Tyler! This is Becca and Sophia. We had fun looking at your pumpkin patch photos. Sophia wishes she could pick a pumpkin out with you. They don't have big orange round pumpkins in China. Too bad. Tyler, your haircut looks great. We love all of you!