Monday, June 15, 2009

My Daddy the Reverend

Yoshikazu Takiya and mommy and daddy- Yoshi knows Great Grandpa Jackson from Spring Arbor. Mommy and Daddy met him at the Annual Conference for the Pacific Coast Japanese Free Methodist Conference.


My daddy became a Reverend on Saturday. I am so proud of him. It was so neat to see so many of daddy's friends and family come to celebrate with him. As you can see from the picture there were lots of people at the Mission Valley Free Methodist Church in San Gabriel for the ordination. Our friend and Pastor, Paul Kim, was also ordained.
Grandma and Grandpa Knight came to visit also. They spent a lot of time with me. They got up at 6:ooam with me so mommy could sleep. They watched me so mommy and daddy could go to a really fun birthday party for their friend Lutz. They did another fun photo shoot with me too. Here are some of the pictures. I know when I am having my picture taken and I am a ham.

Daddy wanted to pike my hair for the picture.

2 comments:

Tira J said...

OMG Shelby! He is a total ham! congratulations Dave!

The Speck Family said...

Congrats Dave!!